We're looking compassionate hard-working enthusiastic passionate smart dedicated tenacious people to join our team
Hours: Campaign activities will require work during normal business hours, and during evenings and weekends.
Full & Part Time Positions Available: The campaign is prioritizing hiring for full-time positions, and will hire part-time and contract workers as necessary.
In-Person/Remote Flexibility: The campaign will require in-person and remote work. Arrangements will be made to balance campaign needs and team members’ availability.
Reproductive Freedom for All is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All interested individuals, including people of color, women, LGBT persons, formerly incarcerated and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
RFFA is searching for creative, detail-oriented, passionate and enthusiastic Organizers to prepare, motivate, and engage volunteers in our campaign to ensure Michigan voters understand and are confident voting yes to affirm the right to reproductive freedom in Michigan. Organizers must have strong leadership skills and the ability to manage volunteers.
This position will start ASAP and will continue to November 15, 2022. Full- and part-time positions are available, and the campaign is prioritizing hiring organizers who can work full-time in Michigan.
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers for phone banking, peer to peer texting, voter registration, and canvassing events.
- Must be able to hit metric goals on a daily and weekly basis and maintain enthusiasm and professionalism.
- Build a strong volunteer base and understanding of the area for Get Out the Vote (GOTV) in November 2022.
- Build a rapport with the volunteers on behalf of the political campaign.
- Develop and maintain strong and trusting relationships with volunteers and partner organizations.
- Data entry and management. Provide daily/weekly reports of voter contact and volunteer recruitment data to the Organizing Director, and ensure all data is collected and entered on time. Assist in cutting turf and creating reports.
- Plan, run, and recruit for weekly volunteer events within your region and/or program area.
- Work with team members, partner organizations and community leaders within your assigned area, as well as with state and national organizations to empower volunteers in voter engagement programming.
- As a team, organizers will need to participate in virtual and in-person events, including extensive work during the evening and on weekends. Schedules will vary and will be developed with supervisors to ensure campaign needs are met.
- Other responsibilities as assigned related to volunteer engagement and voter outreach.
- Previous campaign experience and/or working with Votebuilder/VAN, volunteer management systems, and digital organizing tools is preferred but not required.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Capable of meeting and driving ambitious goals.
- Committed to maintaining a positive, collaborative, respectful, and productive work environment and leading by example.
- Supporter of equity and the ability to demonstrate multicultural competence – the awareness, knowledge and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant and productive ways.
- Self-starter with a robust work ethic who is willing to work weekends and evenings in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Willingness to relocate to Michigan.
- Ties to Michigan or knowledge of Michigan strongly preferred but not required.
Full-time and part-time positions are available. All positions will require some evening and weekend work.
Salary: The salary range is $4,000-4,500 per month for full-time positions, with up to $1,000 per month healthcare stipend as well as a $100 per month cell phone stipend. The salary range is $2,000-2,250 per month for part-time positions.